We envision interconnected Sustainable Regional Food Networks (SRNF) become the common food systems: “Food is a Collaborative Commons”
We take care of relationships around food to enable interconnected living examples of Sustainable Regional Food Networks (SRNF) around the world.
1. Making visible the stories from living examples of existing Food Networks, initiators, food network co-creators and food-change-makers around the world.
2. Inviting people to participate on the journey of developing the interconnected Sustainable Regional Food Networks
3. Holding spaces for listening, sharing and mutual appreciation on the journey of the emergence of Food Networks.
4. Together we prototype and co-create living examples of the future food systems.
A) Prototyping New Ways of community-based food supply
- We monitor and evaluate the concepts and principles of the living examples of SRFN
- We support the teams and entrepreneurs of the living examples to learn peer to peer and to scale up their models
- We develop modules for Vocational Education and Training (for special topics e.g. farm-to-table, food network building, social food) and we train the trainers in different SRFNs
B) We are net-weaving globally to interconnect food networks and living examples.
- We operate the platform (our website at the moment) and the blog to give visibility to living examples of different SRFNs
- We have weekly calls to coordinate the activities around the globe
C) We engage and contribute in global discussions around the global food system.
- We collaborate with summer schools of WFSC at ETH University and other universities
- We engage with SFS Programme of One Planet Network as MAC Members
- We have speeches in universities, in farmers networks, in NGO forums and workshops, in different summits around the globe
D) We co-create and prototype the direct exchange between Sustainable Regional Foodnetworks to Hacking global trade.
- We are prototyping the exchange of products like Tulsi Tea Mix from Nepal, Prickly Pear Jam from Portugal and Dried Berries from Kosovo, between the networks to create global solidarity